Saturday, January 19, 2008

Remembering Grandma Olsen



My Grandma Olsen passed away on Friday, and I wanted to put some pictures up and say a little something since I'm not able to go to the funeral.
I love the first picture of her, she looks so sassy!
I don't remember a lot about her because for the last 7+ years my grandma has had Alzheimer's Disease. It was a struggle, but now we know that she is finally with her Father in Heaven and her body is able to rest.
Some of the few things I do remember is going to her house and climbing in her fruit trees. We would play in them forever and make up the best games. She also used to make us ice cream cones and put jam in them. I think that she did it because she didn't want to give us plain vanilla! She always had Kraft Singles and she'd let us eat them . . . plain (which my mom never let us do!) We always called her the "white" grandma because she looked a lot older than our other Grandma. She was always very sweet, even after she got sick.
She was a special person who truly had a tough life, and we'll miss her sweet spirit!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really nice tribute. The funeral was really nice. I wish that you could have been there - except at the graveside service - that was really cold. Your mom did a great job arranging the music and making flower arrangements. She also did a great little 5 min talk about grandma. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories with Grandmas are part of my drive to move back to Utah one day, so my girls can have such a privilege. There is no where quite like Grandma's house...and how funny that you differentiated your grandma's with color too. My grandma's were the Orange Grandma and the Green Grandma (colors coordinated with the color their houses were painted. That way we always knew where we were headed when we were "off to grandma's house".

    ReplyDelete