Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Miracle Idol?


Little David Enchilada graced the front page of the newspaper for the 27th time this year, and Emory caught a glimpse of it when we brought it in. She hurried over and and said, "Look mom, it's MIRACLE IDOL!" Gotta love it!
Mother's Day was an event. Emory gave me a hand-made book mark and Tessa gave me a slobbery kiss, and I couldn't have asked for more! My mom gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure and I in turn gave her a pedicure (the poor man's version, me rubbing, scubbing, painting nails etc.) The girls and I left for Logan after dinner.
We spent 6 days up there, and had fun visiting Grandmas and Grandpas, aunts and uncles, and Cookie. The weather was comparable to AZ in the middle of the winter, so we were shivering. This is Cookie, the Tessa protector! She hardly left her side, let her pull her hair and ears without a yipe; she's the best (fattest) dog ever!
This is Em and Uncle Chase. That's right, I said uncle! This is Cory's little brother, there's 14 months between him and both the girls. Emory loved playing at the park with this little guy.
Emory is so fun! With her birthday coming, she's getting more and more excited. She'll ask anyone she sees, "When's your birthday?" then, "When's my birthday?" She says she wants a "skapeboard" and is constantly trying the skate on the back of the stroller.
Tessa is seriously a crack-up. When she isn't trying to steal attention from everyone, she's learning a new skill. She mastered waving and clapping in the last few weeks. Crawling is coming closer and closer. She's getting herself into some amazing postions. Sitting to tummy, sitting to splits, etc. She'll scoot around on her bum, and crawls backwards like a champ!

We went to the Hogle Zoo on Monday. What a treat! I hadn't been for years and loved it! Emory had a great time too. Tessa was so good, and loved the monkeys, which she actually spotted through the fences. Here's some pictures:
Tessa exercising in the stroller.
Monkey-ing around

Cutest gorilla ever!


Emory was deathly afraid of this to begin with, but realized that it was fun after a while.
I love these girls!
Cory is getting lonely, I think. It has to be sad going from a hustling, bustling house to a deadly quiet studying realm. He'd better do well on this test, because we're missing him too. He did great on his finals, and finished this quarter with the best grades of his medical school career! We love him and are so happy with how well he's done, balancing all of the stresses of the last two years!

1 comment:

  1. Well, the washlet it hilarious...don't know if I will invest in it...but, definitely something to work towards when I have that desire to be extra clean:)

    I am glad you get to spend time with your family in UT... I know that your family sacrifice will be well worth it.

    Tessa is a gorgeous chunk of love!

    ReplyDelete