Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween or Christmas?

There are so many things I love about being in Utah. One of them is NOT the snow before Halloween, but it comes every year since I can remember. I remember so many times crying because I had to wear my coat under a princess type costume. "Princess' do not have muscles!!" Oh well, luckily my girls have selected perfectly warm costumes and they're turning out great. Here's us doing Mr. Potato Head Pumpkins and then 3 days later in a blizzard!Emory is very happy that "the snow finally woke up!"
We've loved all the fall activities that we've been able to participate in. Jackets, no mowing the lawn or weeding, and spending time with family. My cousin Austin and her husband Richard blessed their sweet baby Ethan on Sunday, so we drove out to Tooele for the event. WOW! Having lived in Utah for the vast majority of my life, and I had never visited Tooele before - what a treat! It was Fast and Testimony Meeting and there were some AMAZING testimonies! (I'm only being a little sarcastic!) The Blessing was so beautiful and the shin-dig afterwards was super good. Good food, family and fun.
A couple of weeks ago we made these super cute Halloween decorations at my Grandma's house. It was so fun to visit and get creative with my mom, Grandma Audrey, Aunt Page, and cousins Adrianne, Austin, Amelia, Amanda. ( I stole these pics from my cousin Austin's Blog! Thanks Aussie!)Mom and meAmanda and PageThe Finished Product - mine looks a little different than this one, but nonetheless, very cute!

4 comments:

  1. Way cute pumpkins. Where did you get the potato parts for those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is snowing in Utah! Crazy. Cute pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me want to move back to UT with all your fun family and friend blog postings...

    The snow is so fun to see...especially after living in the desert for so long, right?

    Those family pics are also great, you look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the snowy pictures! Lexi thought that was pretty great too. Looks like good times in Utah! Stella sent me an early b-day present ...and mini-bowdabra! I'm gonna need some bow making tips from you! And I love your new family pics. Everyone looks great!

    ReplyDelete