Friday, February 6, 2009

My FAVORITE Things . . .

Here are a few of my FAVORITE things (at the moment):
#1- Online Tutorials: I love these things, especially the free ones! That's how I find so many of my projects and I can say I've had success on every attempt so far. My idea, my mom's skills, voila!
Once an over sized mini skirt, now a bag. I love how the pockets work still, and the liner was already in it!#2- Harvest Grain 'N Nut Pancakes: This is an IHOP recipe I've been after for years. My mom and I always say, the more nuts the better, and I think that applies in all areas of my life. It's at Top Secret Recipes for free this week!
#3- Heather Bailey's fabric line: Holy Smokes! This stuff is by far, the most colorful, fun, vintage looking stuff out there. I'm addicted and fully plan on using it in the near future!
#4- Girl Scouts Samoas Cookie Ice Cream- Enough said!#5- Deseret Industries: I missed this place so much when I was in AZ. Goodwill doesn't even compare! My family and I have found endless entertainment and so many amazing things there. I'm not even ashamed to tell people that I wear clothing from D.I. My best find this year was an awesome shelf made of barn wood that I refinished and put in my grandma's bathroom.
#6- Twilight Soundtrack: I know, I know, we're all up to here with Twilight, but I LOVE the soundtrack and listen to it all the time. Turn up your volume and ENJOY! Except the weird Rob Pattinson song, that one bugs me.
#7- Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor: Where have these books been all my life?!? Emory and I could read them all day long. Cory loves the french in them. They're Stupendous! (That's just a fancy word for great.)
#8- Payless Shoesource: I used to go here fro my shoes as a kid, and just recently started going again. Why did I stop? They have tons of cute flats and I especially like the American Eagle stuff; it's even better when it's on clearance. I also love the accessories. Cheap stuff that's super cute!
#9-The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch: You can watch the lecture online or read the book. (I love the book.) I love to highlight books, magazines, anything; this whole book would be highlighted if I'd let myself. The MOST AMAZING story and outlook on life and how to live it!
#10- Mi Familia: They are so dang cute! I love Cory so much, he's a great husband and father. (Sorry I karate chopped you in the throat, buddy.) I love the girls, they're in such a great phase. They play together so well, and actually have fun. They played for a full hour like this the other day. Not one fight the whole time! (And yes, they chose to get in there, I didn't put them there!)

4 comments:

  1. Ok so that bag has got to be the cutest thing I've seen in a while!!! So talented! I am with you all the way on the icecream. And the pics of the family are darling. Call me and we'll play:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things this year are sweater capes, calypso music, paisley tops, Chinese checkers, and high heeled flip flops that lift up your butt and give you a work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found a replacement for Blue Bell (but let's be honest, nothing could replace Blue Bell!) and I can't wait to get my hands on some Fancy Nancy books! The DIs here are really just junk, no treasures like in UT.
    And by the way, I'm going to have to order a posie; she says they're going to be for sale again starting tomorrow. If I get it in time we'll have to try to make more when I'm in UT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is so cute! I'm a fan of Edy's ice cream- I might just have to go and try that!

    ReplyDelete