Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Our favorite "Grandpa"!

Our dear, sweet prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away on Jan. 27th, 2008.
I have always thought of President Hinckley as my prophet, because he'd been in that position all of my teenage years. His inspiring words and kind demeanor always pushed me to "stand for something". I loved the six B's that he charged us with; Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, and Be Prayerful. He was a man who followed God's commandments and did it with a smile! Temples now dot the earth as a testimony of the importance of temple work.
Forever, my most tender memories of this Prophet of God will be the influence he had on a two-year old girl. It brought tears to my eyes as I watched how Emory would stop whatever she was doing to hear him speak. She would plop herself right in front of the TV and just listen. Once she told me, as we were reading a church board book with pictures of Pres. Hinckley, that he was her favorite "grandpa"! (Sorry Dad, Flint, and Grandpa Hulse) I had a hard time telling her that he had gone back to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus, but she seems to understand in her own little way.
At this sad time, I still feel peace in knowing that this isn't the end! I am also very excited to here from our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, at conference in April. Truly, this is the Lord's work and I love this gospel with all my heart!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. He was such a great man. I also loved the 6 Be's. He will be truly missed by many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Racheal, I stumbled onto your blog from another blog. I just wanted to say I love this post and the little AD you have for your brother is HILARIOUS! Good luck to him. Take care, Tammi Auayfuay

    ReplyDelete