Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chicago

Cory and I have now had two chances this year to get away together, first Puerto Rico and now Chicago. Cory flew in 4 days before I did to do some meeting junk, although he couldn't quite get away from all of it after I flew in.
We went to some fancy dinners, a semi-formal dinner, an "inaugural" thingy for the AOA Board of Trustees, walked around A LOT, shopped, and did some sight seeing.
Thanks to my mom for watching the girls for two nights, and Grandma/Grandpa Cookie for the last night!
This was inside the hotel, every time we walked to our room on the 13th floor I got vertigo looking over the railing.Lower Wacker St. may look familiar but keep your eyes peeled for the Bat Mobile!When I was having some alone time walking up and down Michigan Ave., this Tinman snagged me and made me dance with him. It was fun!Our reflection in the Bean.The Willis (formerly known as Sears) Tower. They changed the name the day I got there. Those little boxes are not for torture, but people actually pay money to go 109 floors up to stand inside a glass box, hanging off the the side of the building!Navy Pier.Delicious Fried Dough and Gelato at Navy Pier.Dressed up all fancy. Thanks to Madison and Robyn for putting my ensemble together. Well, I added the tulle slip, but everything else was theirs!The House of Delegates. Ironically Cory was seated next to the Anesthesiologists and behind the Dermatologists!The new Board of Trustees Members and their significant others. Nikki is the representing Resident and Cory is the representing Student.And my personal favorite, mowing the lawn 7+ stories up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like so much fun. I really like your dress. Madison and Robyn did a good job.

    ReplyDelete