Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter 2010

As far as traditions go, we've been going to St. George for Easter since I can remember. It's GENERALLY warmer down there on Easter weekend, plus we just get a nice little break right in the middle of spring. It was warmer, considering we had inches in snow on the the ground and drove through a blizzard to get there. We always walk around the Art Festival. They had a ton of fun kiddy krafts. Emory loved her airplane. In fact she still HAD it till I threw it away and a melt down incurred because it was her "beloved plane" and on and on. Tessa loved to do interpretive dancing and posing on this rock. We all loved the Super scone, covered in cinnamon and sugar, and about the size of a medium pizza! We stayed with Mike, Sheila, and Savannah and were very glad to spend some time with them. We had our classic egg hunt at the sand dunes in Snow Canyon, and stopped by Tuacahn to show Cory and the girls it's majesty. (They really want to go back down for Tarzan.) It was a lovely, low key weekend. The last of it's kind before our great journey to the Northwest!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Match! Shalae told me you were headed to Oregon soon for residency and I am very excited for you. Corvalis is a great city,(my parents lived there for awhile) and I have a good friend who lives there now. I will have to tell her you are coming, she was such a good friend of mine when we lived in Ohio. We are moving to Coos Bay, Oregon the end of June so we'll have to exchange info. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the wind was a bit milder this year. Sad we couldn't be there. I can hardly believe that Tessa let you bury her.

    ReplyDelete