Friday, May 7, 2010

Do I DARE!?!?

I've been debating this post for awhile now. Back in March, my sister approached me about being a model and doing a fashion/runway show for her the salon she works for. I was hesitant, but in the end, like my mom said, it's not something you get to do everyday.
So, Aveda is all Green and jazz like that, and they wanted a recycled "look". My sister made a paper maiche dress. I wore it.
It was definitely an experience and I MOST definitely had to let loose and go with the flow, ironically, because my dress was as like a pinata, and I was the treat inside! The salon hired a professional photog and, ironically again, I knew her from middle school. (And I had prayed and prayed that no one I knew would see me.) But the secrets out, and the pics are too. They're actually pretty cool.




Don't be fooled, my hips are not that heart shaped. Amanda went for an "editorial" look and used bowls to shape those babies.

I must really love her to do this, right?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't mean to delete my comment. I was trying to add something to it but it didn't work. I'm old - what can I say! I think you are really brave to let Amanda talk you into that. You always have fun no matter what you do! Did your mom help with the costume design? This is a new one for her collection. Way to go Amanda on your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woa lookin good!! the hair is Amazing. i congratulate you on your daringness haha

    ReplyDelete