Friday, July 23, 2010

Berries, Bicycles, and Trees

If I had to describe Corvallis in three words: Berries, Bikes and Trees. I guess it's good that I like all three of those things!
The Berries:
We were invited to go pick blueberries this week and the girls were so excited. When we pulled up to the fields . . . closed! Well, let's drive a few minutes down the road and pick raspberries, since we already have our picking gear. What?!? Raspberries down the road? My children have died and gone to berry heaven. The results: Glorious! Huge, delicious, red raspberries coming out our ears. Just over $1 a pound and I picked 4 pounds; that's not including the 3 pounds the girls and I ate as we were picking.Bicycles:
Portland (#2), Eugene (#5), and Salem (#19) are all in the top 20 for most bicycle friendly cities in America. They're our closest "big" cities, so I'm assuming we're included in the grouping. As a result, I got me a new bike! I still need to take it out on it's maiden voyage! It is this model and a steel-blue color.
Trees:
It's Oregon, need I say more? But the girls and I are still enthralled by it all. We live on the north side of town, and as a result, many of the members of our Ward live "in the hills." When you get driving around out there, it definitely seems more like "the mountains" to me. We saw no less than 3 dear, just grazing on peoples' front lawns yesterday evening.
Our favorite place right now is the Jackson-Fazier Wetlands or "Wetwands" as Tessa calls them. You have an awesome view of the Hospital and the scenery is lovely. The girls saw some cat-tails this morning and Tessa said, "Look at that hot-dog-on-a-stick, mom!" Super chilly on our early morning walk/run.The view to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment