Friday, July 30, 2010

What did you say?

Yesterday morning, after helping Tessa use the toilet she said to me, "I very, much, quickly love you, Mom." Clearly, a lover of the adverbs.
That same day, Tessa was throwing a little fit and a few minutes after that Emory said, "I'm glad your done with your 'tantroom' Tessa." I love when she tries using vocabulary from the books she's reading; tantrum= tantroom. (I think she's up to 100+ books for the summer.)
My brother sent a me a funny e-mail last week and I wanted to share this story.

we have a german member who has been bringing his family to church and he has an insane little son who socked me right in the crotch the other sunday. he continued trying to beat me and powell up for almost 15 minutes. and we didn't know how to stop it cuz we can't restrain the little guy nor do we know any german. but eventually he tired of chasing us. just one of the pleasures of being a missionary.

He's a missionary in Finland, and is really loving it out there. I've been especially impressed over the last month or two at how on the ball he is. He sent Emory a puzzle and a chocolate bar weeks before her birthday, when some of her extended family (that actually live in the USA) didn't even acknowledge her birthday! And on top of that he sent Cory a graduation present! Hats off to Animal! He and his old companion had a really cool article written about them a couple weeks ago. It made the front page of the newspaper! No explanations needed; good to see he hasn't changed too much.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so super cute. That is neat that Adam in is in the paper.

    ReplyDelete