Monday, November 24, 2008

Fun filled weekend

Busy, busy, busy! I love this time of the year. Planning Thanksgiving menus, shopping for Christmas, raking leaves, watching vampires . . . the fun never ends!
Yes, of course, I went to the midnight showing of Twilight, and me-oh-my did we have fun?!?! We started out at my Aunt Page's house with an attempt at t-shirt making, didn't go so well. That's okay, we still had fun getting pumped for the movie. Then we all headed to Red Robin for food and treats. The restaurant was a hoot! It looked like women had taken over the world! My brother was one of the few who dared be out among us. Anyways, over to the theater and wow, that was the best people watching I've done in a while. The District put on this enormous PROM Extravaganza and so many were dressed to kill, literally! Once in the theater I cracked open an energy soda, whoops big mistake. I was sort-of feeling sluggish and thought it would help, but for someone who never has caffeine - I think I might as well have been on SPEED! I can't remember much because I was bouncing. I vaguely remember howling as it began? I thought it was a very entertaining movie, aside from a few cheesy things. I officially apologize to Amanda and Heidi, who had to sit next to me during the movie. I can't believe they are still talking to me! I think the only person even close to my enthusiasm was my cousin, Amelia.
V is for Vampire!On Friday, Cory finished his Surgical Rotation (which he loved! He got a ton of OR time and is a pro at suturing now!) in Logan and finally came home. The girls are ecstatic and so am I! We went out with friends and took in some naked homo sapiens at Body Worlds 3.
On Saturday we celebrated my Grandma's birthday and went to a craft fair and lunch. It was . . . interesting, but I definitely got some great crafting ideas and will be very busy for the next 6 months re-creating them all. We won't even mention the "football game" because I don't even think you can call it that?
Sunday, the Young Women in my ward put on an awesome program; I accompanied them for the musical numbers. The girls did so great, and there were many wet eyes in the audience. I love seeing the Youth of the Church sing!
Up next, Cory starts Cardiology and the girls and I are getting ready to go up to Logan for T-day!

2 comments:

  1. From the looks of you in that first picture you are clearly on a caffeine high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I need to read those Twilight books. All the ladies in the ward are talking about them pretty much all the time (even the old ladies) and I never have anything to contribute. Once I said that I hadn't read any of them yet and I got yelled at a lot. The movie looked fun. I can't wait till I'm not pregnant anymore and I can go out and do normal stuff - like see movies. Right now sitting in a theater for more than 15 minutes makes my legs hurt and it's not worth the money because I have to spend so much time going back and forth to the bathroom. I missed half of Quantum of Solace and Jared got so annoyed with explaining what I missed that I eventually stopped asking and just watched in total confusion.

    ReplyDelete