Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poor Emory!

So, I mentioned that Emory was sick last week, well . . . turns out she's REALLY sick. After an almost 2 hour bloody nose this weekend, I took her to an Urgent Care and was shocked to find out she has a severe ear infection, strep throat, and impetigo (a staph infection on her face)! She is such a trooper! I knew she was sort-of sick but she didn't even tell me her ear hurt and only said her throat had a "little ouchie". She's on a super antibiotic and got some ear drops, and has informed me that she's "on her way to recubbery" (recovery?). To bad Cory's out of town and just finished his Pediatric rotation, a lot of help he is!!! I had to run to the store with her to get her meds, and people kept staring at her. I guess it kinda looks like she has a flesh eating virus on her face? It looks way worse in person.
After I took the picture of her nose, she wanted to take a picture of me and Tess (who is luckily the orneriest baby ever at the moment - she just got her first molar and 3 more are coming fast). This is the glamor shot, I don't know any other baby that can make a face like that! Not to mention Tessa's hair, or the amaing 2-hours-of-sleep bags under my eyes!

5 comments:

  1. Poor girl. I can't even imagine. We are sick at our house too. I guess its a sign of the season. I hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motherhood at it's best, huh?! Hang in there and a big get well to Emory! By the way, the Halloween costumes were great -cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for keeping it real, Rachel. :) Arianne had to teach me how to use a sewing machine for the quilt, but now I want one for Christmas. Simple quilt design, but it took me 10x longer than the average sewer/sticher. I'm glad I did it though, and yes, I do feel like I could attempt a hooter hider now, but it wouldn't turn out as good as the ones you did for me (which I LOVE and use all the time, by the way). Can't put one on without thinking how sweet you were to do them for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Emory is so sick. That makes life miserable for EVERYBODY involved. I hope she gets well soon. The Halloween costumes were darling. Your mom is amazing!! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad. Poor Emory, hope she recovers quick! Hope Tess and you don't get the same thing!

    ReplyDelete