Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best Thanksgiving EVER!

Because my brother Adam left for the MTC just a week before Thanksgiving, we had it a few weeks early. So, when Thanksgiving Day rolled around, we knew exactly what we wanted to do. We went to the Salvation Army and delivered meals to shut-ins in our area. These were older people who might not have family or friends to have Thanksgiving with, or they're too sick or immobile to go out to shop for themselves. It was AMAZING!!! My girls wanted to sing a Christmas song at each door, and it took super human strength to not bawl through each song, as we watched they're faces light up. I will NEVER AGAIN stress about making food on Thanksgiving again! As long as we get to deliver meals each Thanksgiving, no delicious meal that we slaved over for hours will ever compare to the life lesson of service that we're teaching our girls.
After we finished delivering we went to . . . Panda Express! Yes, yes we did. It was so fun! The restaurant was empty and we sang a little "Fa-rah-rah-rah-rah, rah-rah-rah-rah." Then to top it all off we went to a certain vampire/werewolf movie for the 2nd time. I don't think I've ever giggled so much in my life! You had me at Que Quowle.
That night we headed up to Logan for some Black Friday sales. Cory was vigilant and got me a Dyson vacuum, a knife block, and a TomTom Navigation System for himself. We should have put all the wares on a table, held hands around it and said, "Merry Christmas to us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment