Thursday, December 31, 2009

Disneyland {The Finale}

Day 2 was full of wonder and excitement and sore feet! Even with trusty B.O.B., we were all worn out by 7:00pm. I forgot to mention the whole reason why I loved this Disneyland trip so much. One word: RideMax. I have issues with obsessively cleaning, over organizing, and planning; this tends to lead to meltdowns when things don't go my way. RideMax. You plug in the rides you want to visit (Disneyland and California Adventure) and they magically pump out a detailed schedule of when you'll have the shortest waits at each ride, when to send a runner to get fast passes, etc. I can't say enough good about RideMax.
Emory's dreams came true on this day. Our first ride was Peter Pan, and she was in heaven. This picture says pure joy!


Dumbo. This is what happens when Mom tries to ride with Emory.


This ones for Josh. I'm looking for the picutre of my younger brother and I in this same spot. I vow I'll find it.


Sword in the Stone, a favorite movie of ours.



Splash Mountain. I took Emory on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and she almost lost it. I loved that one growing up, but she thought she was going to die. So, after that ride we were scheduled to use Fast Passes on Splash Mountain. As we walked up to it, she said, "I will NEVER ride that ride." We pleaded and convinced and threatened to no avail. Finally, Cory said, "We're not going on Splash Mountain, we're going on the Log Flume on the other side. It's for little kids." She was all for it. Luckily, the Fast Pass entrance for Splash Mountain is on the other side. I waited (as Tessa was napping) at the exit and she came out happy as a clam. She loved it and even wanted to take me on the "log flume". Emory and I then rode it, and after we came out Cory sat her down and explained that we'd tricked her and that she'd just gone on Splash Mountain. She wouldn't believe it. So, here's the picture of her on the Log Flume.


Now in front of Splash Mountain.


Aladdin and Jasmine. Big fans, we talk about this meeting often.


Giant Pickles. Pickles are a treat around this house, we eat them for dessert.

Hooray for Disneyland!

Dead before we could even turn off the lights.

To finish off the trip, we cruised on over to AZ. Cory dropped the girls and I off in Surprise for the day, while he interviewed in Tucson at the U of A. We had a grand ole time with Dieter, the Andersons, and the Campbell girls. Dieter thinks he owns me because his legs are as long as mine. Jerk. I learned how much I really miss Arizona. I also learned how to NOT put sweet potato peels down my disposal. Good times!



Emory was showing Tessa some of her favorite slides around town. Tessa was too yound to remember.

Thanks to all those who put us up and also put up with us. It was a trip the girls will never forget!

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture by the door. It looks almost the same. You have to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put UP with?!?! PUT UP WITH?!?!?!?! Without you here, I have no one to cook (franchise-bought, ready-to-bake pizzas) for, Dieter has no one to molest (and trump in leg-length), and my husband has no one to impress with his potato peel eradication prowess! COME BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete