Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The trip South and Graduation

One thing after another, I know, that's what it felt like for us!
Graduation
Cory was lucky that so much of our family was able to come down to Glendale, AZ for Graduation. We had a ton of fun together!
Our time in AZ was short lived, we were there less than 24 hours, but we got the most important thing done = the Graduating. It was such an AWESOME achievement, and I think we were all a little weepy, remembering where we've come from and looking now, to where we're headed. We had our fill of Buffalo Wild Wings and were off, again. We spent the next day boating with Cory's Uncle Mike on Sand Hollow Reservoir. It was a blast! Other than and unfortunate fall for me (I can't even begin to tell you about the magnitude and pain of the enema I received . . .) it was a super fun, super hot day. That night, Tessa had a scary heat episode, with I crazy high temperature and vomiting. I think she had a little too much sun, and not enough to drink. All in all, it was a fun filled trip, and we finally got to call our guy, Dr. Maughan DO.
On our way down, we stopped at the Vegas Outlets to shop and give the kids a break from the car.Trying to keep the kids entertained during Graduation was actually a breeze.

Cory and Kelley, good studying pals. Kelley is doing an Orthopedic Surgery Residency in Oklahoma.
A wicked accident outside of Mesquite had us at a stand still on I-15. Not everyday you get to play on the freeway!The boating!
Kayla and Em, Savanna and Tess
Cory impressed us with his slalom skills.

Of course, a sleeping child.
And my favorite, zoom in close - it's a riot how scared too big guys' faces can look, when they're about to get thrown off!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I love me some vegas outlets!! Sorry we missed you guys when you were here, and CONGRATS to Dr. Maughan!

    ReplyDelete