Thursday, September 23, 2010

School

I promise not to say anything about how the first day of school came so fast, or how I bawled my eyes out, or how it seemed like only yesterday that she was in the NICU, because it's not true. She's been hungry for knowledge since I can remember and it didn't phase either of us, this transition into school. She loves her teacher, she loves her class, and LOVES to ride the bus (which is the only thing that freaked me out throughout this whole ordeal). Tessa, on the other hand, is a sad little girl. She misses Em, and sobbed as we left her at school the first day. This is how she looked getting into the car. This is the girl who'll pose anytime of day, literally in her sleep, so you know she was upset. She's warmed up to the idea now, but it took a couple weeks.
Emory was born for school. Everyone who knows her, knows that she "LOVES TO READ"; that is exactly how she describes herself. She is the sweetheart of our home, and we're so happy that she's loving her first year of school; and if she continues the way she's headed (with the dream of being a physician) the first of MANY!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, where did our little tiny baby Emmy go? She looks so grown up. I can't wait to come and see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAH!!! She is looking WAY too grown up all of a sudden! Pretty, as always, too. Glad she's loving school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel! Sorry I'm so late in following up with you! I could NOT be more excited to have you as a visiting teacher!
    Emory is such a doll! I'm glad she's loving school. We need to have a playdate with our kids soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks SO grown-up in this picture...and very much like her beautiful mom!

    ReplyDelete