Friday, October 1, 2010

Don't you love it when...

Emory was practicing her "Sharing Time" monologue for Cory and I. It went as follows:

Emory says:
(Holding her newest, and most beloved book)
Here is my body book.
My Grandma Cookie gave it to me.
It helps me learn, so I can be a doctor someday.
Some of my favorite pages are: brain power, pumping blood, and eating and erecting.

(The page actually said "eating and excreting", but who cares about specifics. "They start with the same letter, Mom.")

Cory is working nights for 2 weeks and the girls are baffled by his weird behavior.

Emory: He works all night?
Tessa: And sleeps all day?
Me: Yep.
Emory: He must be a bat.

Later that night, Emory prompted Tessa to say this during family prayer:
Emory: Help Dad to not be a bat...
Tessa: Help Dad to not look like a bat.
(Emory now wants to be a bat for Halloween, and checked out Stella Luna from the library.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow,

    So funny I almost fell of my chair at work. I won't comment on the missed word because I sense trouble. As to the Cory is the BATMAN.....now I know why Tessa wants to be a bat for Haloween. Good times.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so funny. When Jade was little she thought her elbow was called her nipple... I'm glad she's not the only one who mixes things up :) I guess Corey being a bat isn't so bad as long as he dosen't turn into Count Dracuala.

    ReplyDelete