Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dermatology

Here is my first attempt at this crazy Private Blogging. I will keep our old blog (it will remain Public), and post a link each time I update this blog (clearly you've successfully signed in if you're reading this).
So, the news is - contrary to popular belief - that I am NOT pregnant! HA, take that! I truly didn't even think of that as an option, but after I posted about "the news", I had a few happy Grandmas call, ready for the announcement. Someday, but today is not that day.
We are very excited about a new opportunity that we've had present itself. Most of our close friends and family know, but this is our first public sharing of the decision. Let me tell you that a LOT of fasting, prayer, temple trips and the like have gone into this decision. So here we are.
Cory is finishing his Traditional Rotating Year here at Good Samaritan in Corvallis. (He also passed his last set of Boards with flying colors! Now he can be a REAL Doctor!) When he finishes in June, we will be moving to Salem, OR where he will be starting work at Silver Falls Dermatology. This is where it gets tricky. I'll let him explain it at a later date, but let's just say we're in semi-limbo as we wait to find out if a new Residency Program will be approved or if we'll be applying to different Derm Programs next year. We're following Nephi's example; building the boat, hopping in, and hoping we find our way to the Promised Land.
Bon Voyage and wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am happy for you guys. I can definitely relate to the "Nephi" analogy. I am excited for you guys and your new adventure. PS. I got the video. I laughed SO hard. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck guys! :) Trav's grandma lived in Salem and we have fun memories there - I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Exciting! Good luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete