Thursday, March 3, 2011

Take a deep breath . . .

(I love this picture! I have the girls do a Scavenger Picture hunt with our cameras every once in a while, where they have to take a picture of something that starts with a certain letter. E for Emory!)

For the last two weeks, I've felt like I haven't had ANY time to sit down. It was busy, to say the least.
Grandma Hulse came to visit, and Cory took off 3 days to be with us. The day we picked her up from the Airport we went to Powell's Books (my new favorite place!), the Temple (we changed into our skirts in the car!), the Mall, and to a Dermatologists house for dinner (more on that later). The rest of the week was scattered with sickness, eating a lot, reading books, a nature walk to the Wetlands,
making dresses for a wedding (pictures to follow), and lots of fun! Grandma and Tess playing Twister.
Story time on our Snow Day.
The girls had their last Ballet/Tap Class while Grandma was here. I am sorely going to miss this hour every week, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much during it!

Unfortunately, during that week I was planning two big events - New Beginnings and Women's Conference. I wasn't in charge of everything, just a booth for NB and a Class during WC, but I don't do anything halfway! For New Beginnings, we had a mall theme and all the leaders split up the Values and had a store that matched up to the Value. Mine was Barnes and Noble: Knowledge. We don't have a B&N in town, so I hit up Borders and they gave me a ton of cool stuff.
For Women's Conference I got asked to team teach a class about being Fashionably Modest on a Secondhand Budget. My qualifications for this class are non-existent, but we had a full class and it seemed to go well. Of course, I didn't take even one picture. Imagine a wardrobe rack full of fun clothes, a dress form dressed all cute, a table full of every kind of accessory imaginable and that's what it looked like.

This picture makes me laugh! I wanted to show an easy, 5 minute Make-up Routine so I did half of my face to show it doesn't have to be over the top, but subtle. Emory pointed to right side and said, "Mom, that eye looks sad". Yes, yes it does my child, and your eyes will look sad too, someday.
My favorite thing about the class was this quote I found from Elder Hales:
Our bodies are the temples of our spirits. Additionally, our bodies are the means by which we can bring souls from the presence of God to their mortal state. When we recognize our bodies as the gifts they are and when we understand the missions they help us fulfill, we protect and honor them by how we act and dress ... Our clothing is more than just covering for our bodies; it reflects who we are and what we want to be, both here in mortality and in the eternities that will follow.

The Cat in the Hat visited our Library this weekend, we love us some Cat!

On a final note, we have BIG NEWS and will be making our announcement in a week, when our Blog will then be Private. So leave your e-mail in a comment, if you want in!

17 comments:

  1. too cute! You are becoming an amazing seamstress! And I love the pictures of the dance class.
    I MISS MY GRANDDAUGHTERS! and you other two peoples too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally pregnant aren't you.
    Thanks for updating! We anxiously await each and every one of your blogs.
    sydneyhc12@gmail.com and joshuatyler1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want an invite!... please :)
    aderad@hotmail.com. Thanks! Love the pictures. Hannah wants to take some kind of class- she is back and forth between wanting gymnastics and ballet. You're girls at dance look so cute it almost makes me want her to pick one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you guys!
    rich.heidi.johnson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh.... I want an invite FOR SURE! Love ya apradford@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dresses and I am glad you are finished! (For selfish reasons of course, my skirts are ready when you are.)

    Here's my email so when you live elsewhere I can spy...check-up on you.

    Nice teaser, but for some reason I do not think you are pregnant.

    cheriemmartin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be invited for sure! Your blog is one that I look at often because you are just such a dang cute little mom! You are becoming more and more like your mom and that is a compliment. I know I don't like it sometimes when I get compared to my mom because she is 89 and feisty and a worry wart and fuss budget but she is a great lady and I appreciate it when people see her in me for the right reasons. Your mom is fun, talented, caring and creative and you are all of those things too. I'm excited about the announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love keeping up with your family! Include me too please. :) glmhale@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are busy, girl! It all looks fun though :)
    aliciamae100@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. invite me please(:
    amelia-jane-radford@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love an invite! Those dresses are darling! chichigrizz@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. excited to hear the big news!! Loved the pictures of the girls in dance. Those are the best moments!! Keep us updated!!
    manda726@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What the what?! You're going private? Of course I want in! szahlmann@gmail.com

    Sorry to have missed your class at WC - I was looking forward to it most of all!

    I'm totally thinkin' I know the news...exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ejdavis02 at yahoo.com
    vapamies at yahoo.com

    Chris & Betsy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  15. fryer@cut.net
    Of course I want in. You make me laugh and I don't want to miss a thing. Love to see things are well.

    Terresa

    ReplyDelete