Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Move

We bought a house!  Like way back in September, but we bought a house!  We'd been looking for awhile and just hadn't found a good fit.  We made an offer on a new build we liked, but the seller wasn't willing to budge, so we kept looking.  Then I had a baby and the house hunting slowed down.  After seeing a lot of houses during the summer, our realtor told us the guy who built the house we had made an offer on had come back to her, wondering if we were still interested.  Strangely enough, 2 nights before that I'd had a dream we'd bought that house and were living in it, and the day after my dream, Cory was so frustrated about the lack of housing in the area we wanted to be in said, "We should just by Muirfield!!"  (That's what we called the house.)  Done and done.  Well, not actually, but essentially.  Millions of hours of drama and paper work later and the keys were ours!  We love it and so do the kids.  The girls have huge bedroom that has plenty of room for all of their stuff.  We have a guest room and Fischer finally has his own room.  I think my favorite part of all is our backyard.  It's a pretty good size, but it backs up to horse property so it's a view of beautiful trees and horses.  We've also learned the pains of home ownership like purchasing a lawnmower and window coverings, which we still need, and never ending attempts at decorating, but it feels like home.
We were so lucky that Cory's amazing Grandma was able to come and help us move and unpack.  I can honestly say that I might still be in boxes up to our ears if it wasn't for her!  We would wake up each morning and I'd be so tired from getting up with Fischer during the night, that all I wanted to do was nothing, but Grandma Hulse the Slave-Driver-Un-Packing-Woman would just start unpacking boxes and handing the stuff to me.  She would hold the baby while I was organizing entertain the girls and just help endlessly.  Now we need her to come visit so she can have some fun instead of work the whole time!

Here are some pictures before the move and during the move.  




We ate at Wendy's a lot.


I cannot even express how grateful I am for her help!


Obligatory stroller picture.


And here's Tessa. 



I love when my kids take pictures of me doing my job, folding laundry while catching up on my DVR shows.






And these are the last shots before the camera died.  
It seems suspicious that it was the girls who were last to take pictures before it stopped working... 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting, congrats! Post some more home pics when it's all decorated. Tessa's hair looks so blond and Fischer looks so much like her. All your kiddos are so darling :)

    ReplyDelete