Monday, June 30, 2008

My Husband!!!


This is classic Emory/Tinkerbell! Earlier that week we'd been discussing that Cory was mine first and then the word "husband" came up. This is us TRYING to convincing her that Cory is my husband! Later on that night, she decided that Tessa was her husband.
She's also figured out there's a difference between Utah and Arizona. We've been lucky enough to be invited to some friends' pools this last week, and she's always telling them, "MY pool is in Utah at my Grandpa's house." Emory went to her first birthday party all by herself. Seneca had a princess party and Emory chose to be this princess, and yes, she insisted on the wig and wore it the whole day!
She is also the singing queen. She's known all three verses to "I am a child of God" for awhile now, and loves learning new songs. She decided it's easier to just sing everything!

I'm not sure why I wanted Tessa to crawl, I think I was better off when she was content in a square foot area! She's a mover, finally. She's been scooting really well for the last week, and now she's off to the races. Yesterday, she got into the front room (which is vaulted) and started yelling because she loved the echo. Emory got worried and said,
"MOM . . . Tess is way far away!!"
Here's a picture of her new favorite thing to do, store food in her MASSIVE cheeks! We knew they had to be good for something other the munching on and pinching. On a side note, Emory does the same thing, stores food in her cheeks. It'll be 30 minutes after dinner and she'll be running around with her last bite on food in her mouth. At church, she finished up her granola bar as Sacrament Meeting was starting. I kid you not, 45 minutes later, she choked on some spit and volcanoed granola drool everywhere! Seriously! The old people behinds us were dying!
And last but not least . . . drum roll, please . . . introducing Cory Maughan!!! He's finally done with the major studying portion of medical school. The test was ridiculously hard, but we're glad it's over. It has been amazing to have his undivided attention and help. Seriously, is this what it's like to have a husband? The girls are loving it and can't get enough of him. Once in a while, when he's left the room or something Emory asks, "Where's Dad?" and then says, "I know, I know, he's studying!" I love saying, "No he's not studying, he's in the bathroom!"
I LOVE MY HUSBAND! We had a little party with some friends on Friday to commemorate his achievements, playing Rock Band and pigging out. I made this Lemon-Berry cake, my friend Alicia was in love with it. The best part was that it was a cake mix!
Pillsbury Recipe:

1 white cake mix
1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
Bake as directed.

Frosting:
1 can white frosting
1 - 8 oz. container whipped topping
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Fold together.

You can frost it however you want. I put one cake-round down, frosted and then stuck fresh raspberries in the frosting. I put the other cake-round on top of that, and frosted the entire thing, garnishing with raspberries and a lemon slice. Yum!

I guess it's tradition now to have a picture of one of my children sleeping in a random place or falling asleep while doing something for each Blog. Need I say more?We went swimming at our friends house on Saturday. Emory and Kate are so cute, they do the silliest things. This is them feeding each other snacks! Here's Tess, the cutest rolly-polly ever!
I love how my 9 month old baby has more cleavage than me!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures. I too love the rolly polly Tessa. What a doll. And that little Emory is the funniest little thing. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! Now that Alexis has seen the little mermaid pic, she won't stop talking about Halloween and how she wants to be Ariel too and have red hair just like Emory!

    ReplyDelete