Friday, August 15, 2008

Josh and Sydney - 08*08*08

We survived! Not without some damage but we made it. It was actually super fun. The night before the wedding we had a bowl-a-palooza at BYU's Bowling Alley. My parents rented it out, ordered Brick Oven Pizza and we bowled our hearts out. The sealing was very nice, I hadn't been to one at the Jordan River Temple before. The wedding reception went great! It was a little humid that day, and hectic getting things together in time - and of course people started showing up 15 minutes early. The girls were so cute and good. Emory was "Bompy-La-Boo" (Fairy Godmother from Cinderella - Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo) in her new dress that my ever talented mother made.
Tessa was such a ham all day! She loves to have her picture taken. She's also addicted to me, we'll have to work on that.We had a Sno Cone machine and Longboards from Costa Vida. I made an awesome Guitar Hero cake, but forgot to take a picture!
The next day we went to Sydney's house for the open house. It was also nice, they had delicious crepes. This one's for you Mandie! (The brown sheep is Tina the Llama.) Apparently, every good shepherd knows that you need a llama to protect the sheep?!?!?We also stopped by the Hansen/Osmond Wedding . . . WOW, what a treat! Shelby was beautiful! There were millions of people there, and it was gorgeous. I had to take one sneaky picture, though. This was the best I could do. "Daddy Donny" was running around like a crazy person. Here he is getting ready to set off illegal fireworks!CONGRATULATIONS to all the happy new couples!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Josh! The pictures of all og you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weddings! Especially when it's family! We didn't ever get to say goodbye, it just kindof snuck up and you guys were gone. I hope you guys are enjoying to be closer to family, that sounds great! One day I hope we will be in the same situation. Take care!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told me that the reception was really fun. I feel bad that we missed it. We missed Jared's brother's wedding the next weekend and we're missing his sister's wedding tomorrow. Oh well, we just couldn't find a way for Jared to take 3 weeks off from the military. They're sticklers about that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever took the wedding pictures did an awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel! It is Kari Wahlquist. I'm not sure if you remember us but I looked at some of the cute blogs linked to Adam and Alyssa's and didn't realize this was yours until I got to Josh's wedding and then recognized Amanda and put two and two together! (Wow, that was a huge run on sentence!) You have a beautiful family! What a fun surprise to find your blog. Isn't being a wife and Mom the very best? Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete