Saturday, August 23, 2008

What was I thinking?!?!

This picture says a thousand words . . .On a side note, I love Emory! She make everyday exciting and I roll on the floor, laughing at the crazy things she does and says. Here's the latest and greatest:

(Looking at my old saxophone) Oh my, it's a golden miracle!

My brother Josh was watching them for an afternoon and this is what happened - He came inside, after leaving her alone for a few minutes. She immediately runs up to him and says I'm okay Josh, don't worry I'm okay. I'm just blowing this fire right off my finger and proceeds to blow her finger. He asked her what happened and she said Sometimes little girls touch fire and it's very hot! He told her that fire is usually hot and she said Even little fires, like on a candle? He looked over to where a candle had been burning. She is a curious little devil!

My mom was making dinner and turned around to Emory who said Look Grandma! I've got a big, huge knife! She was holding this gigantic knife right in front of her face! What am I gonna do? Maybe I should just focus on keeping her away from knives and fire for now.

Here's Emory getting a cut from my sister Amanda! (One of the perks to our new living situation.) Coincidentally, the friend who used to cut our hair was named Mandy. She calls Amanda her "New Mandy" - not to be confused with her Walking Mandie!Doing a little reading in her free time.And here she is loving this awesome weather, finally riding her tricycle and scooter!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Emory is so big now compared to when she was born in Atlanta. Time sure goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you are now in UT! I hadn't caught up with you for a bit...

    Where will you be living?? What will Cory be doing now? How do you feel about being in UT again? I am sure you are super excited to have family nearby.

    What beautiful dresses on that wedding day....love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emory is hilarious, love her fire comments. And where is all that stuff stored? Are you staying with fam for awhile or something? Gotta love moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emory is bigger than her britches for sure! I always love a good laugh at the things these little ones come up with. How are things at your mom's? Looks like a "tight squeeze" from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at all those boxes doesn't make me excited to think I'll be doing that same thing in a 1 1/2 years. Is it nice to be home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emory..she is so curious about everything. We miss you guys! We are glad we are back and need to meet up. New York was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. moving is the worst! Hope all is going well for you guys! We miss you here in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that those comments might give even Tyler a run for his money. I love the big huge knife. Derek loves to help me unload the dishwasher and he always goes for the knives first because I try to hurry and grab them before he can. He thinks that they are very important to me and likes to get them for me to make me happy.

    ReplyDelete