Monday, August 4, 2008

There's no place like home!

We made it! It was a long and arduous trip but we are officially in Utah. We packed up the truck on Thursday night, and cleaned until midnight. Then we shoved the girls in the car, and hit the road - well, we didn't actually hit the road until 2 am, because we had a few last minute stops. By the time we got to Flagstaff, Cory and I were dead. We tried to find a hotel, no luck. We got to Page, and I rested for a while. We made it to Kanab, and let the girls play at the park while we tried to rest a little. Finally, after close to 1200 mg of caffeine and 16 hours later, we got to my parents house. Phew, Cory and I were awake for near 48 hours! Never again!

So, were here and having a blast getting ready for the wedding and catching up with friends and family. Oh, the joys of having a pool in your backyard!

Cory is in Tucson for his Internal Medicine rotation. He was on-call for his first time last night. It was uneventful, but exciting nonetheless.

Love to all and special thanks to the people who made this move possible, the ward and family who helped in AZ, and the ward and family who helped in UT! We couldn't have done it without you.

PS My friend, Mandie, to me to the John Mayer Concert before I left AZ. (Thanks Jason, for giving me your ticket - we were the coolest lesbians there!!) We had a blast, and grossly underestimated the photo opportunities. Thanks again Mandie, I'm glad I threw my brain out the window for one night!
PPS What the freak is he wearing?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys got here safely. I'll bet you were tired. You'll have to call us to play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your pain. We didn't drive all night, but as you know, Texas is very very far from Utah. We had both kids and our dog in our two door Ford Focus for 3 days and 1500 long miles. I'm so sorry that you had to do it all yourself too. At least we had the movers that the Air Force hired to move all our crap - and you really realize that it is crap once you have to pack it up and move it. I threw out tons of stuff before and after the move. We'll be in Utah at Christmas with our new baby and we'll see you then.

    ReplyDelete