Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our body's are Temples

In primary this week, we learned that our body's are temples. Emory was selected to choose a picture (they were pictures of healthy foods, coffee, tattoos, water, etc.) and she picked up a picture of cigarettes. She was then asked if we take these into our Temples? Of course she said, YES! So, this week I will be working on a Family Home Evening Packet about the Word of Wisdom. I have coloring stuff, the packet and a file folder game to go with it - I even have a laminator. Anyone interested in joining the fun?
A couple weeks ago my mom and I did a "little" project that turned out really cute.
Introducing . . . the World's Fattest Quiet Book!
It isn't supposed to be this humongous, my mom's doing it as a mid-week activity and we wanted a sample of all the letters in the alphabet. Generally one would only do the letters in their child's name!
Here's what a few pages look like:
Butterfly - you put the cut outs inside the net. Car - you can take the wheels off. Nest - there's little eggs in the nest, with little birds inside the eggs. Owl - eyes come off. And my personal favorite, Tic Tac Toe - closed and . . . opened!This week I'm gonna try and make a mini skirt that I bought for $3 into a bag!

PS Thanks for all the birthday best wishes and fun; my family for ice cream at Leatherby's, the Radfords and Grandma for the lunch at Sugarhouse BBQ, and Amanda for Zupas yesterday! That felt a little like an acceptance speech for an award or something.
PPS This is what Cory and I will be doing in 3 weeks! Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!!! I love it! I'm glad you did it with your mom - but I wish you'd done it with me. So jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable quiet book. Your kids will beg to go to church :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how much would I have to pay you to get the instructions for that quiet book? It is so cute! My email is peterson.susanna@gmail.com in case you are feeling the urge to share! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative, Rachel. I love the quiet book. I'm not creative or patient enough to do that, so maybe I'll just hire you to make one for me. :)

    Justi

    ReplyDelete