Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Festivities

Can you guess what this is?As always, we had a good time for the celebration of the New Year. We spent New Year's Eve here because it's my brother Josh's Birthday! I think we have a tradition of bowling on his birthday, since we've done it for quite a few years now. Emory was being camera shy. Josh had a well played game, along with Sydney, my dad, and Animal. Josh celebrating a strike.For the evenings excitement, we had my Grandma and her husband over, along with our cousins, the Radfords. I forgot to take pictures, but needless to say we had a great time. I tied Amanda's Hula Hooping record, the old people played a hilarious game of bowling, and Emory and Hannah had the best time together!
New Year's Day we went to my aunts Stake Center to watch the boys play BB. Sydney was a great sport about pushing the girls around in cousin Issac's Christmas Present. Here's Cory in action.Last but not least, I celebrated the new year by having Amanda remove most of the hair from my body. Oh the joys of having a waxer in the home! This was the first experience with "nose" waxing before, and let me just say I love it! It didn't even hurt, and I feel like I can breathe better. My dad was such a good sport and he looks like a new man!Can you believe that THING came out of his nose?!?!?
On a less disgusting note, here are my beautiful girls in the Christmas dresses! Dresses made by Grandma Chris and Bows by Me.Also, their Christmas PJs, this is literally what I got when I asked eat of them to look at the camera and smile.

11 comments:

  1. That is so GROSS! But cool at the same time! I am so glad you guys had a fun on New Years Eve, sorry we couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so GROSS! But cool at the same time! I am so glad you guys had a fun on New Years Eve, sorry we couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the three of you in your dresses is uber cute! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dresses turned out very cute! Nice way to have the girls match but not:) And that whole waxing thing was totally gross!!! I thought it was some sort of really wierd bug at the first. That's nice she lives there and you can get it all done for free though. Hey call me and we'll get together really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant stop looking at that thing! amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dresses are amazing - I want to start making dresses for Afton. I even bought the fabric and patterns already... can you believe it?? The pj pictures are why I love your little girls - so charming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and I guessed it was hair and wax - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that picture of your dad is hilarious! Im sad we left the church when you guys got there. New Years was amazing..especially your hoolay hooping skills. Thanks for a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel.. it was so good to see you at Christmas time. Those dresses are amazing. Your daughters are beautiful. Oh ya your a tuff women for doing the waxing thing.. I tried it once and will never do it again. I must be a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like everyone had a great Christmas! I so do miss you!
    I had a question about blog books...printing your blog? Have you done it? I really can't figure it out! email me...
    dustin_april@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dresses your mom made are amazing! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Where did your sister get that wax from? I've never seen anything like that!

    ReplyDelete