Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring has sprung . . . but don't cross your fingers!

It seems every once in a while, Utah gets a mild winter. Lucky us! But like I said I'm definitely not crossing my fingers. It'll snow again, and again, and probably in June! We've spent hours out in the backyard enjoying this beautiful weather, riding scooters and tricycles and jumping on the trampoline; and everywhere we go this darn blanket follows! She got attached to it while we were in Puerto Rico, and it's not even her cute blanket - that's what drives me crazy! Emory's engineering at work.We also had the pleasure of visiting with these lovely ladies a couple weeks ago. What a treat! They are one of the reasons we miss AZ so much. We missed meeting Sweet Afton by 2 weeks, so this was our first delicious taste of her and we couldn't get enough! Before they came over, Emory said, "I'm so glad that Alicia's baby came out!" She loved that big belly! Now she loves Afton. We talked non-stop of crafts and more crafts, and more crafts. So in honor of our (Alicia and I's) addiction, I pumped out these babies! (Is "I's" even a real word?!)Their fun to clip in hair, on a bag, or on a gift!
Emory made this beautiful design for me, while I was unpacking from our trip. She said, with a flourish of the arm, "Look what I made for you, Mom!"One last thing, anyone ever gone to a Dance Aerobic (Dance Jam) class at their gym? Wowee! My friend took me to one today and . . . I'm speechless. I felt like a dancing-pole-loving-Britney/hooker and I loved it! It was so fun to let loose and just DANCE! I guess you could call me uptight, but not today. After dancing like I did to "Baby Got Back", I think I might need to talk to my bishop?!?

3 comments:

  1. Cute flowers! I made the second one the other week and need to make more! I need to get some felt, those felt ones are adorable! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny Rach! Those flowers were adorable! You'll have to teach me how to do it. I'm totally serious about getting together. I think the kids would have a blast and I would love the adult conversation as well. I'll call your mom's sometime this week and we'll work something out. (Sorry I don't know your phone #)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I can't wait to use my felt! soooo fun seeing you! what a treat to see my little girlfriends meet my baby. i know I ask this all the time but, "why don't you live in AZ???" :(

    ReplyDelete