Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Winds of Change . . .

I guess, lately, we've all felt like the cold weather was closing in around us so some of us needed a change. Emory's been begging to have her ears pierced for months, so we took her to get it done. Like I said, it's been a few months since she's wanted them. Then we saw an episode of Jon and Kate +8 where one of the older twins gets her ears pierced. The girl was like 7 or 8 and started bawling when they "shot" her. Emory got freaked out by that and said she'd changed her mind. Well, a few weeks go by and she comes up to me and says, "Mom? I know that piercing my ears will hurt a little bit, but I'm ready to do it now." She was dead serious, so I know she'd been thinking about it for awhile. So, this last Saturday we went! She =icked out pink ones, of course, and she was so brave, only shed a few tears and didn't really even make noise. After 2 minutes of concern, she was ecstatic and giggling about how she and I were "sister twins with our earrings"! She then informed me later in the week that now she only needed two more things to make her "totally happy", a cat and Disneyland! Wow, that's all?!
While doing the photo shoot of her new ears, we turned the camera on Tessa. Every time I held down the button to focus, she'd hold her head and scream/laugh. I couldn't figure out what the deal was, until I turned the camera on Emory and me. There is a blinding red light the shines right in your eyes! How weird, I'm sure it does something important, I just don't know what!?! All the girls painted their toes and I loved how still the little girls were. They love all things girlie!
Also, after Emory and I got home from the mall, Cory decided he needed a change. I came upstairs to him hanging over the sink shaving his head! He'd missed some spots, so I helped a little. I've got to say that I really like it, especially how it feels. It brings back memories of my brothers "buzzing" their hair for the summer. I'm just jealous of how long it takes him to dry and do it!
On a crafting/sewing note: I finally got around to putting this bag together. I got the fabric and pattern months ago, so it was high time to get around to it. I LOVE IT! I love the size, the color, the pockets, and it was super easy too!

3 comments:

  1. Love the birdie sling!! We've got to take a pic together with our coordinating bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag! Great job! Emory looks just like you in that first pic. That is amazing! She looks like you anyway but that is crazy! And you're not alone in the whole buzzing the head thing, my husband is going through that stage right now too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the heck?? haha alicia has that EXACT same bag...
    ;] hahaha

    ReplyDelete