Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Holy Stars!

If you've ever spent anytime around me, you know this is one of my favorite sayings. Probably right up there with "Oh, spare me!" Anyways, HOLY STARS! I feel like summer is flying by with one million activities and things to do. I'm way behind on all of the fun things we've been up to.
The Friday after Emory's birthday, we went to Hogle Zoo. She wanted to go on her birthday, but the torrential rain and hail deterred us.
Both of the girls loved it! My mom, Katie, and her friend Steph joined us. It was so much nicer to have both of them a little older and actually looking at and enjoying the animals.Favorite animals included: penguins, elephants, zebras (or Marty), rhinos, monkeys, the list goes on.We saw some awesome bowel movements, and when I saw awesome, I mean AWEsome!
Emory's reaction to the lion . . .Tessa's reaction to the lion . . .This is the craziest monkey thing I've ever seen. We thought for sure it was fake, but NO! It was totally breathing and even opened it's eyes. I thought it was creepy looking to say the least!Cory and I were discussing the insanity that is our lives for the next few weeks. He's studying for Step II Boards non-stop. I'm all over the place with my girls in tote. The 4th of July celebrations, next week is Trek (you know, walk across the plains in pioneer attire), the next week Cory goes to Chicago and I join him for a few days, the night we fly home we drive to Logan to pick-up the girls and head to Bear Lake for 4 days, all the while I'm getting ready for Girl's Camp the first week in August! I get overwhelmed and tired just thinking about it. Plus, I'm doing activity night and taking a meal to a family in our ward tonight, I'd better get started!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. We will have to go one of these days. Good luck on the trek!

    ReplyDelete