Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I loved Halloween on Saturday. We made pumpkin pancakes for everyone in the morning. Both of my girls still take a 2 hour nap and for some reason they were "too excited to sleep" the one night of the year they go to bed after 9pm! It turned out fine in the end, because we decorated sugar cookies right before we left, so they were running on a can and a half of frosting by then. I love how they came up with their own costumes this year and my amazing mom made them perfectly, again! Peter Pan and Pocahontas, although a few people thought that Em was Robin Hood and that totally annoyed her. Pocahontas played her part perfectly, even doing a Native American chant she learned from the Disney movie. We tagged along with our good friends Woody, Buz, Jessie, and their random cowboy friend! Good times!
I also did a Monster Mash Musicale for my piano students to show off their Halloween piano skills. I LOVE my students and couldn't ask for better! This is only 4 of my 7.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were teaching - awesome! can I get a lesson when we come up later this month? ;) Your mom has the SKILLS - the girls' costumes look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly the best costumes and faces I have seen in a while. We're so excited to come back and visit everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachy! I just discovered your blog through your comment on Alyssas. Your kids are so adorable! (and my brother-in-law was also Peter Pan, and I totally thought he was Robin Hood. So your littler girl isn't alone!) :) Glad you had a good Halloween! -Sam

    ReplyDelete