Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Christmas already?!?

I feel like the month of November is flying by us, without my permission! Every weekend we've had a million things to do, which is unusual for us. This last weekend Cory was home. Cory was so sweet and took each girl on a special date. They each loved their special time with Dad. He made the dates a special teaching time to, as they each did a service for me. I was out of this world impressed by their sensitivity and love!

It was also the Primary Program. I was asked to substitute as the pianist, which I was thrilled by. I miss the Primary so much, and it was so fun to spend time in there practicing! Emory was asked to give a two minute talk and she was so AMAZING! Her words were so sweet and sincere. She is such a performer, because she read it just like she said it to me. Lot's of family came to hear her, so we decided to do Thanksgiving early. It was so delicious, and I'm relieved that we don't have to do it in two weeks! Here is her talk:

I will strengthen my family:

Through Family Home Evening, Family Prayer, and Missionary Work.

#1 - Family Home Evening

Monday night is my favorite night of the week. My family comes together to learn about many gospel principles like tithing, temples, prayer, prophets and lots of other things too. I am always in charge of the music. I like to choose songs that Sis. Messervy teaches us in primary. My favorite song is How Firm a Foundation. I sing it so often that my little sister even knows the words! By singing this song, we strengthen our family by inviting the Spirit to our Family Home Evening.

#2 – Family Prayer

Every night, before we go to bed, we kneel together and say family prayer. My dad has been all over the country, doing rotations, for the past 3 months! I miss him a lot, but sometimes he gets to say family prayer with us too! He calls on the web cam or phone and we say our family prayer together. This strengthens our family because even though we’re far apart, we know that Heavenly Father is watching over us.

#3 – Missionary Work

Did you know that we are all a part of an enormous family? Heavenly Father is our Father; Jesus is our Older Brother, and all of us are brothers and sisters! We have brothers and sisters all over the world who don’t know about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My best friend Adam is going on a mission to Finland. I am so excited for him to teach my brothers and sisters all the way across the world about the Restoration of the Gospel, the Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think this is one of the most important ways we can strengthen our family, so that we can ALL go back home to be with Father again!

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



She is such a special little girl, and I'm in love with her! The other day we were reading the scriptures and talking about where the Book of Mormon came from. We got to the part where Joseph Smith was praying in his room, 3 years after the First Vision, and an angel appereared. She looked up at me with eager eyes and said "Oh, I just HOPE it's Moroni!" What a testimony this little girl already has!

Tessa is such a great sister. At the end of the Primary Program she yelled, "They did it!" She puts up with almost all of Emory's antics including this crazy idea.





First things first, yes, her arms and legs are tied down. What I don't understand is where they got the crib bumper from!

I agree it's a little disturbing, but it was explained as Tessa being prepared as food to eat, which doesn't make it any less disturbing!

1 comment:

  1. oooohh, once again I can't stop laughing - that picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete