Thursday, February 11, 2010

Luchadores, Chicago, and 72 Hours

We went to a surprise party a couple of weeks ago for a good friend of ours. Little did they know, when thy invited us to a super hero dress-up party that they'd get this . . .
Senior Calabaza and Raquel el Reptil

Senior Calabaza has the power to control all gourds, and Raquel el Reptil has a lizard-like tongue, which is handy in many sticky situations. (Yes, my mom is amazing, I know.)
The whole hero crew.

As you can see, there were a few lame people, but for the most part everyone looked amazing. The best comment of the night was when Lance (Superman) came around the corner for the "Surprise," Cory was right in his face and fired a popper off over his head. When Amanda, Lance's wife, took him away to change into his costume he asked her, "Who's the naked guy?" I love that my awesome husband is confident enough to be silly once in a while!
Having this party made me realize how close to thirty Cory is. It was a fun night, but I mostly loved just being around Cory; he'd gotten home from his audition rotation at 2 am that morning. We've been able to spend some awesome quality time together, and it feels surreal to have my wing man back. He helps in every way! We even squeezed in a 4 day trip to Chicago. We ate like we were dying of starvation.

Don't mind the cat eyes.

(Gino's- The Spinach Artichoke Dip and Meaty Legend Deep Dish or Death by Meat as we called it, Garrett Popcorn- I loved the Mix, and my favorite Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab- It's the sister restaurant to the Joe's Stone Crab in Miami that they talk about on Food Network all the time.) I also walked around and shopped like I'd never seen a H&M or Tiffany before. Here was Cory's gift to me for not needing a diaper bag anymore, now that both my kidlets do their duty in the bowl!In other news, Vanhin Christiansen made it to Finland! We're praying for him, specifically for the Gift of Tongues, for the Gift of Culinary Delights and for the Gift of Un-thawing. It's been a punch in the face of newness, but he'll be amazing- I have no doubt.
The girls and I made some cool bird feeders. Too bad the tree that had literally thousands of birds in it 2 weeks ago, has yet to have a winged visitor since!

Oh well, we had fun, aside from the fact that I almost vomited from the smell of lard. P.S. I couldn't find it anywhere at my grocery store. I asked and the guy said, "By the Velveeta." Of course, it's with the rest of the NON-food items.
I have also spent 100 hours updating our 72 Hour Kits. After all this scariness in Haiti, it was high time.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously LOVED GINOS!!! It was so amazing. My Dad told us to go there and I could have eaten there every stinking day!

    ReplyDelete