Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Holy Postpartum!

Well, it's official - I have no idea what I've gotten myself into! My mom abandoned us last Wednesday, and it's been sort-of down hill from there. The baby is doing really well. We've got a good sleep cycle down, she takes 2 or 3 good long naps a day and a hand full of cat naps. She goes to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 and sleeps till 2:30. She usually will get up one more time around 5:30 and then 8:30 is morning. Not too bad, I think. Feeding is still the struggle of my life! It just seems like it's one thing after another. I've always thought I had a pretty high pain threshold but this cracked nipple thing is killing me! I don't know how much longer I can stand it!
My biggest problem is definitely Emory. She has turned into a bi-polar, unreasonable toddler. It started while my mom was here, but has escalated since she left. We used to have a really good handle and what worked for punishment etc. and now nothing stops her once she gets "kickin'" - NOTHING! I even resorted to a swift swat on her rear, didn't even phase her. I hope this is just a phase, and that my sweet Emory will come back to me soon!
Cory's school is as vigorously hard as ever. He has 2 finals this week and 5 next week! Why did he want to become a doctor? After the finals though, he has a two week break, which I am looking forward to.
Like I said "holy postpartum"! I feel like it's the end of the world, pretty much all day long, and I hope it goes away soon. The problem is that I keep thinking that this is the second time I've done this, but it really isn't. Tessa is only 3 weeks old, I didn't even get Emory until she was 6 weeks! Everything is completely different, and my dang OCD is making it a lot harder than it needs to be! Thank heavens that Cory's mom is coming on Thursday for the weekend, and then I'll have Cory for the break. Pray for us! We need all the help we can get this next week and a half!
Sorry I've been bad about taking pictures, I'll try to get some stuff up soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl

    Hang in there! I can definitely relate with you and you need to know that this is so normal! Sad to say, your Emory sweetheart may not come back to normal for a while...it's just what toddlers do. I definitely struggled with Wesley way more than Austin at the beginning. He needed much more attention and was so needy! I find that Austin is turning in that direction now that he is two, thus our reason for waiting for baby #3.

    I think time out is a great thing...even if that means locking her in her carseat in the garage while you take a 5 minute breather! Swats on the bootie are also healthy and a normal way for kids to understand their limits.

    I hope breast feeding is getting better for you as well, you have tried the creams? Ugh, it makes my nipples hurt thinking of it!

    I remember Arianne struggling with her three kids while Bret was in school, especially his second year. It was hard on the whole family, but fortunately there is an end in sight b/c this year he is around a lot more and can help out when needed....

    Keep blogging, sending pics and hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rach...you are pretty amazing. I can't imagine having another kid right now. I got lucky with the postpartum thing too. It sucks! Page is here right now saving my life. Hope all is well...your baby is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete