Thursday, October 4, 2007

One Centimeter, Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!





When I guess a centimeter is better than nothing. My doctor said that I have to stop thinking of this as a second pregnancy, because I've never been here before. With Emory, I never dilated or went into labor, although I consider the 4 weeks on bed rest in the hospital plenty of labor!
The plan is to wait until my cervix has "ripened" (guess it's a fruit or something?) and softened and I'm at least 4 centimeters. Then he'll admit me to the hospital, even if I haven't started into labor. He'll break my water and we'll all wait - literally. Dr. Erickson is such an amazing person! When a patient wants to VBAC he is required to be there the whole time, just in case the "something bad" happens. I can't believe how willing he is to help me do this. I'm so lucky I found him. Anyways, Cory has a some sort of "regimen" to make me have this baby on Monday - wish me luck!
Here's a quick, cute Emory story. We've been talking about Halloween lately, and she loves to look at the decorations at the store etc. We were walking by the display at Wal-Mart and there was this semi-scary looking lady, she wasn't even affected by her. As we looked at the lady we realized she was holding a tipped over man. We tilted him up and he had all this black hair in his face. Emory brushed the hair out of his face and almost died - literally! She didn't cry or scream, just convulsed. Violent shaking and pure terror! He was not super scary, just a ghoulish skeleton- looking man. She tipped him back over as fast as she could and began begging me to leave. As we walked away, she looked at me with the cutest eyes, put her hand over her chest and said, "Oh mommy! My heart hurts!" I absolutely died! I think that's the best description of how it feels to be scared, given by a two year old!
Pictured are: The new big girl bed, Emory finding "beads" in an apple, and the baby chain to my due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment