Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The most wonderful day of the year!

Christmas was quite a trip this year. This is the first time in two years, that we haven't been coming up from AZ, and boy was that nice. We did Christmas Eve at home with all of my family. Josh and Sydney returned home from Hawaii just in time for the festivities. We had my mom's AMAZING prime rib and Cory was in heaven. Then we opened pajamas and went to bed.
Christmas morning was so fun! Waiting at the bottom of the stairs. The girls don't wake up till 8 am so it was way nice to sleep in, compared to Christmas' past. Everyone got what they wanted, and then some! Cory got some clothes, BWW sauce and shirt, a hole-in-one shadow box that I made for him, and a ton of gift cards. I was spoiled beyond belief! I got skis, a laminator, scriptures, a blender (the nice kind that attaches to my Bosch), clothes, shoes, and tons more. My mom made me an apron like this; I love it. (I actually made a few for my sisters-in-law that turned out quite well.) You could tell this was the first Christmas since the work load of medical school let up a little, because Cory really paid attention to all the stuff I'd been hinting at for the last few months. This is the second year in a row that my brother and I have gotten George Formans from my Grandma! We love her! Now we have a George Forman for the kitchen and one for our bedrooms, so we can wake up to the smell of cooking bacon each morning.The girls were the most spoiled of all though. Their piles of gifts were so high that I started opening stuff for them while they were playing! Emory got her beloved Madagascar Game and so much more. Tessa is easy to please but seemed to enjoy the Einstein dolls and her cute slippers and bear from Animal.They also got a ton of furniture to fill up there doll house. This is something Emory and I love doing together, organizing all the furniture so Tessa can tear it all out!We planned on going to Logan Christmas afternoon, but the roads and weather were awful. So we waited till the next day, which meant that Emory and I got to go see "Marley and Me" while Cory stayed home and played his new XBOX game and Tess slept. We rounded off the night with some Wii Fit and hope you enjoy this video. (It's Hula Hooping and she's trying to beat the high score.)

3 comments:

  1. We have a George Foreman grill that we got from YOU because you got too many for your wedding! Yummy hotdogs ahoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics and I love little Tess' ponytail on the top of her head....so fun!

    I do love that apron too...maybe you mama can make me one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wanted to come visit but we were running around crazy as it was and didn't get to do nearly as much as we want ed to. We are hoping to go again soon, we will have to plan to get together for sure! We do miss you guys and those adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete