Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Girl's Camp

Who new that someone who was in Young Women's not to long ago could actually pull of a Girl's Camp?! That was something I thought hourly for the 7 months I prepared for it. I was so glad after we finally got up there, it was just relief to be doing what we'd talked about for months. I had lots of help from great leaders, an assistant, and our cook. I should have took pictures of everything I did, so I can remember it and use it another time in a different ward - but I was always running around and doing something! Here are the pictures I took though.
I did the t-shirt's which came with a little headscarf filled with goodies like pirate tattoos, a skull bracelet, a jolly roger lanyard, and eye patch that we decorated with rhinestones. I also did the crafts, which consisted of the Plundered Pirate Pendant, the Fancy High-Falutin' Frame, Hair Wrapping, and Treasure Toes. We also tied a Pirate baby blanket for our missing leader who had a baby the day we went up to camp!
We had some great Priesthood Chaperones, but these guys were by far our favorites! Rex, the one growling at the lamp, is the coolest cowboy you've ever met!We hiked around it Box Lake. We also swam in it both days. It was cold and kind of yucky, but the girls loved it and swam across it twice. Some of my favorite Laurels that grew up too fast!A couple of us did an awe inspiring Pirate Skit inspired by this. Our sweet YW President gave the best firesides each night, and we had a great testimony meeting on our last night. My dad even got to come up and chaperone that night. My mom made delicious cinnamon rolls for our last morning and helped drive girls home. It was a team effort and I'd even venture to say it was great! Not too much drama and the girls had fun. Job well done ladies!
Our Beehives: all 14 of them.Add 5 more girls and the leaders and that was all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment