Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry Christmas from the Maughans!

No sending out Christmas Greetings this year, I'll settle for an e-card.

We've had a busy year, but how is that any different from subsequent years? Our biggest event was our relocation to Utah. 10 moves in less than 6 years is not a good average, and there are only more expected in the next few years.
Cory and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary (Hooray!) and he promises me that sometime soon, I'm hoping within the next 5 years, he'll take me on a trip to celebrate all our non-celebrated anniversaries of the past. Cory is half-way through his third year of medical school, and we are loving this phase. No where near as much studying and he's getting some hands-on-doctoring skills. He's done Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery, is finishing up Cardiology, and getting ready for Anesthesiology. He also got two hole in ones this summer!
I stay mucho busy with the girls, but also enjoy having this extra time with Cory. We've been on more dates and to the Temple more in the last 4 months than in our whole marriage! I'm a pianist for the Primary and help out on the Relief Society Enrichment Board. Throw in cleaning, cooking, and a few craft projects here and there, and that is my life!
Emory is our BIG girl, as she's always reminding us. She turned 3 in June and loves to swim, jump on the trampoline and play with Polly Pockets. She also started her first year of preschool and loves Miss Heidi and "all the kids." She has shaped up to be a terrific big sister! She and Tessa get along really well, most of the time.
Tessa had a busy year! She went from tiny baby to teeming toddler. She brings us such joy with her beloved "squeaky shoes," her happy greetings and her silly faces. She continues to surprise us with her boundless energy and ever growing vocabulary. The latest is a swift poke in the eyeball as she squeals, "EYE"!

2 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card! I will be posting one myself as well....why not enjoy this email/blogging lifestyle!

    Does your house always look so clean and perfect? It looks great! I think it'd be ideal to have family, food and entertainment just a few steps away:)

    I am glad you are adjusting well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so cute! I totally need to go get some as soon as I loose a little bit (or a lota bit) of this baby weight.

    ReplyDelete