Friday, December 26, 2008

Why do I have to sit on this guy's lap?

I'm only posting I love how we force our children to sit on Santa's lap. Couldn't we just be happy writing him a nice letter, or waving "hi" at the mall. NO! We force them into a very intimate situation and ask them to spill their hearts desires. Anyways, true to years past, I also shoved my children into the hand of a stranger for this "treasured" experience. Tessa wasn't to concerned, even if you don't look like Santa, she won't sit on your lap for long! Emory on the other hand, was super excited to see him. Dare I say over excited? She was trembling with joy when he walked into our Ward Christmas party, and during the whole wait in line. By the time it was her turn, she'd worked herself into such a state that she had a meltdown. I took her aside and let her calm down, and a little while later she said, "Mom, if I don't go tell Santa what I want I'll never get it!" So, we went back over and slowly reintroduced her to Santa. Attempt #2 was a lot better. He asked her what she wanted, she paused for a moment, took a deep breathe and spurted, "Madagascar Game!" It was priceless!Cory and I also took the girls to the Festival of Trees and had a nice time looking at the decorations, because you can't even see the trees under all the stuff!And last but not least, Cory has finished his Cardiology rotation and really enjoyed it. Dr. Wong was a great mentor and was even kind enough to invite us to his home for dinner last week. Here's Cory and Dr. Wong on the ski lift at Snowbird, rough life, eh?PS Oh what snow! We've been hammered for the last few days and didn't even attempt heading up to Logan yesterday, so we did this instead . . .All of those grass areas around the slide have already filled in!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you guys last night. I can't believe how big your girls are, they are so cute! If you check out our blog we have a link to Jesse, Jeff & Misty's families.

    ReplyDelete